Monday, March 1, 2010

Oaths

IN case you ever wondered what a District Attorney swears to do:

"I, _______, do solemnly and sincerely swear that I will support the Constitution of the United States; that I will be faithful and bear true allegiance to the State of North Carolina, and to the constitutional powers and authorities which are or may be established for the government thereof; and that I will endeavor to support, maintain and defend the Constitution of said State, not inconsistent with the Constitution of the United States, to the best of my knowledge and ability; so help me God."

"
I, _____________, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will well and truly serve the State of North Carolina in the office of district attorney for the State; I will, in the execution of my office, endeavor to have the criminal laws fairly and impartially administered, so far as in me lies, according to the best of my knowledge and ability; so help me, God. "

0 comments: